Here's Some 'Hotel Transylvania 2' Fun Facts!
As the September 23 release date of Sony Pictures Animation's adventure comedy “Hotel Transylvania 2” approaches, the studio has revealed a number of interesting, fun trivia surrounding the creation of the highly-awaited sequel:
- The original “Hotel Transylvania” still holds the all-time record for highest opening movie during the month of September in the U.S. with $42.5M in 2012.
- “Hotel Transylvania 2” takes place 7 years after the first movie: Drac is now 539, Mavis is 125 and Johnny 28.
- “Hotel Transylvania 2” started production in September 2013 and was 2 years in production. 24 story artists have worked on the film over a span of 1 year and 7 months. 23 VisDev artist have worked on the film over a span of 1 year and 8 months. 17 Layout artists have worked on the film 9 months. 105 Animators will have been working on the film for 10 months. 87 Lighting artists working on the film roughly 10 months. A total of 194 characters and 74 environments were created for this movie.
- Vlad’s head is shaped like a coffin
- There is a muscular structure rig underneath the skin of the cronies so you can see their arm and abdominal muscles when they move.
- Dennis was initially designed with giant curls of his father’s red hair but when translated to computer animation, his hair was so big that it blocked the light in front of Dennis’ face and nobody’s arms would have been long enough to hold Dennis since his hair took so much space. Dennis’ final model had more than 265 individual strands. Once the computer filled in the rest, there were a grand total of 150,000 hairs.
- 6-year-old Asher Blinkoff got the part of Dennis through an open casting call; Genndy Tartakovsky picked him, Adam Sandler and his team loved his voice audition. Coincidentally, Asher's 10-year-old sister Meira voiced a wolf pup in the first Hotel Transylvania, and is back providing additional voices as wolf pups and kid monsters in the vampire camp in Hotel Transylvania 2.
Labels 3D, Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, comedy, computer-animated, David Spade, fantasy, fun facts, Hotel Transylvania 2, Kevin James, Mel Brooks, movie news, Selena Gomez, Steve Buscemi